Leadership Akron NEXT is a two-month program designed for community-driven individuals who are approaching, experiencing or mastering retirement. NEXT offers the opportunity for experienced leaders to define their next chapter of community involvement and impact, while engaging with other like-minded individuals. The program is perfect for individuals who
- Have previously taken on community leadership roles, but may be ready to reinvigorate their next chapter of community leadership
- Are retired executives who are interested in community involvement and leadership, but who have not been involved due to prior demands of their career.
- Participated in the Signature Program and would find it valuable to have “refresher” on the Akron community
The program usually runs for two months on Tuesdays in the fall. The Fall 2020 program has been rescheduled for Spring 2021 due to COVID-19 concerns. If you would like more information, please e-mail Kelley at email@example.com.
SPRING 2021 Program Dates
The Fall 2020 Program has been postponed until the spring. Below are the dates for Spring 2021, Class 10:
Tuesday, April 13
Parks & Environment Day
Tuesday, April 20
Arts & Culture Day
Tuesday, April 27
Civic Leadership, Justice, & Media Day
Tuesday, May 11
Innovation & Entrepreneurship Day
Tuesday, May 18
Youth & Education Day
Tuesday, May 25
Health & Social Services Day
Tuesday, June 8
Tuesday, June 15
REGISTRATION & TUITION
If you are interested in the NEXT program, please email the following information to Kelley Behrens at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your name
- Preferred email address to receive communications
- Preferred mailing address to receive communications
Tuition is $800 per person or $1,200 per couple. Consideration for limited tuition assistance and/or payment plans are available upon request. Questions? Please contact Kelley.
Based on the financial impact of COVID-19, we realize there may be a need for payment plans with regard to tuition. If that applies in your case, we would encourage you to apply, and if you are selected, we will work with you to discuss an approach.