Nominate an alumni for the 2019 Distinguished Leader Award
Monday, January 14, 2019
Nominate an alumni for the 2019 Distinguished Leader Award - presented at the Association of Leadership Professionals conferences. Last year the Alumni Association recognized Betsy Hartschuh!
The Distinguished Leader Award is the highest honor given by the Leadership Akron Alumni Association annually to a graduate of Leadership Akron. The winner is chosen based on a significant community project or achievement completed outside of one's professional job responsibility. Each year, the winner of the DLA Award travels to the regional Association of Leadership Programs conference to accept the award.
- The Nominee must be a member of the Leadership Akron Alumni Association.
- The Nominee must exemplify the spirit and goals for civic involvement embraced by Leadership Akron.
- The Nominee must have contributed in an extraordinary and significant way to a specific issue or in addressing a specified critical issue within the community. It is not sufficient to be an active volunteer in many community activities. The award recipient must have either initiated or been a significant force behind a particular project or behind addressing a particular issue. Project or activity must have made a significant impact on the Greater Akron area.
- The Nominee must have made this significant contribution to the community through their voluntary efforts.
- Their efforts are not primarily related to their employment.
All applications must include a narrative statement (50-100 words) focusing on a specific community accomplishment or a specific area in which the nominee has been involved (rather than listing titles, honors, boards etc.).
The award will be presented at the Association of Leadership Programs (ALP) National Conference, June TBD. Attendance is not mandatory but most of our past recipients have had the opportunity to attend.
See a list of past winners here.