Leadership Akron launches new website & LeaderSource database
Thursday, January 10, 2019
Leadership Akron is excited to build community in a new way! We are proud to announce the launch of our brand new website and online alumni community. Far more than a directory, the new and improved LeaderSource is the “place to go” for all Leadership Akron program participants and graduates.
The web-based platform, LeaderSource, was introduced in 2011 as a tool to connect leaders to a community network. It provided basic and advanced search functionality as well as the ability to spread the word on various events and activities to leaders based on their skills and interests. We are excited to introduce the new and improved LeaderSource platform with an updated look and feel, more user functionality, and an array of added features to help engage and network with fellow Leadership Akron classmates and other program graduates. Current participants and graduates of all Leadership Akron programs have access to this database/alumni community—it is not open to the public domain.
If you are a current participant or a graduate of a Leadership Akron program, activate your profile today! Before you begin, watch our instructional video to learn how to get the most out of your experience with LeaderSource.
to activate your profile:
- Across the top blue panel at the top of the Leadership Akron website, click "Log in"
- Enter your first and last name, as well as your home email address. Note: the system should prompt you to which address is linked to your account in the system
- Create your password
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions
- Click "Sign Up"
- Your profile is activated!
to edit your profile:
- Once logged in, hover over your first name in the top right corner until you see the drop down menu
- Click "edit profile" to begin
- Fill in your information down the page. Take note of the "public" and "private" toggle switches
- When done, make sure to click "Save Changes"
- Your profile is updated!
important to note:
- Your name and email address have been pre-populated into the community. You will want to go in and fully populate your profile with your home/business address information, your career information, and more, to make sure you are fully searchable to the community.
- You may have a pre-populated photo on your profile. If you do not like your photo, you have the ability to upload a new photo at any time, or upload the photo directly from your LinkedIn profile.
- Your board/volunteer involvement can be entered under the "Career Information" heading when editing your profile—where you will find your job title and company information. Here, you will want to add additional rows to add in your volunteer involvement.
- When exploring the groups feature, be sure to note the different groups tabs: "My Groups" and "Other Groups." Your program/class group and any other groups you join, should appear under "My Groups."